What Should You Wear for Orangetheory Workouts?
Believe it or not, what you wear for a workout can affect how you feel afterward. When it comes to Orangetheory, choosing the right clothing can impact how comfortable you are and how well you perform during your workout. In this guide, I’ll share some tips on what to wear for Orangetheory to help you feel confident, comfortable, and ready to take on any challenge. But keep in mind, while Orangetheory provides a clear workout plan and easy registration, the dress code can be a bit unclear.
Is There a Dress Code for Orangetheory Workouts?
Orangetheory workouts involve three main activities: treadmill running or walking, rowing or cycling, and floor cross-training. Typically, your workout outfit should be suitable for all three types of exercises. However, if you’re attending a Strength-50 class, which focuses solely on strength, you might choose cross-training attire.
For the most part, Orangetheory gym wear consists of two parts: tops and bottoms designed for the gym.
Gym Tops: These can be light t-shirts, tank tops, workout bras, and jackets.
Gym Bottoms: Options include exercise shorts, leggings, jeggings, and gym pants.
Since Orangetheory workouts cover various types of exercises, it’s best to go for neutral gym clothing. Comfort is key!
What Makes a Good Workout Outfit for Orangetheory?
Question: What should your workout clothes be like for Orangetheory?
When it comes to your Orangetheory outfit, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Moisture-Wicking: Your shoes, top, and bottom should be made of moisture-wicking material to prevent that sweaty and uncomfortable feeling.
- Fit: Your clothes should fit well but not be too tight, ensuring optimal comfort and performance.
Orangetheory suggests that your attire should be appropriate for the gym and not offensive to others. So, avoid very short gym shorts that might be considered inappropriate at some Orangetheory studios.
What Should You Wear for Orangetheory?
For Women: What’s the Right Outfit?
Ladies, when you’re heading to Orangetheory, you’ll want to wear some comfy and practical clothes. Here’s what you need:
- Sports Bra: A sports bra provides support and comfort during your workout.
- Tank Top or T-shirt: Choose a tank top or t-shirt that allows you to move freely and keeps you cool.
- Leggings: Opt for leggings because they’re stretchy and perfect for all those exercises.
For Men: What’s the Best Outfit?
Guys, it’s all about staying comfortable and ready to move. Here’s what you should wear:
- Shorts or Sweats: Pick shorts or sweatpants that allow you to move easily.
- Exercise Shirt, T-shirt, or Tank Top: Wear an exercise shirt, a regular t-shirt, or a tank top for a comfortable workout.
For Everyone: What’s Essential?
These items are essential for everyone:
- Supportive Shoes: Make sure you have good athletic shoes to support your feet during the workout.
- Socks: Don’t forget socks to keep your feet comfortable.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Many Orangetheory workouts use heart rate monitoring, so bring yours if you have one.
- Headband or Hairband: Keep your hair out of your face with a headband or hairband.
Don’t Forget These Accessories:
These extras can make your Orangetheory experience even better:
- Towel: Bring a towel to wipe away sweat during your workout.
- Water Bottle: Stay hydrated with a water bottle by your side.
How to Choose the Perfect Workout Clothes for Orangetheory
Selecting the right workout attire is crucial for a great Orangetheory experience. Here are some helpful tips:
1. Consider the Material of Your Clothes
- Moisture Management: Look for workout clothes made of moisture-wicking material. This means they pull sweat away from your skin, helping you stay dry and comfortable.
- Breathability: Choose clothes that are breathable, allowing air to circulate and keeping you cool during your workout.
- Fit and Feel: Your workout clothes should fit well but not be too tight. They should also feel comfortable and allow for flexibility. Most Orangetheory outfits are made of nylon, polyester, spandex, or a combination of these materials.
- Avoid Cotton: While cotton may seem like a good option, it actually absorbs moisture and can leave you feeling soggy and uncomfortable. So, it’s best to avoid cotton and go for moisture-wicking workout gear.
2. Make Sure Your Clothes Fit Properly
- Size Matters: Ensure that your workout clothes are the right size for you. Clothes that are too tight can restrict your movements or even tear, while clothes that are too loose might get caught in workout machines.
3. Dress for the Season
- Seasonal Considerations: Different seasons require different workout attire. In hot weather, you can wear a tank top and workout shorts. However, in cold weather, layer up to stay warm and protect your head, ears, and hands.
- Stay Prepared to Sweat: Even if it’s cold outside, you’ll likely sweat during an Orangetheory class. Dress in layers so you can easily adjust your clothing as you work up a sweat.
What Kind of Shoes Are Suitable for Orangetheory?
Choosing the right shoes is essential for a comfortable and safe Orangetheory workout. Here’s what to look for in your workout shoes:
- Support: Your shoes should provide good support for your feet to prevent injury.
- Breathability: Opt for shoes made with breathable materials to keep your feet dry.
- Grip: Choose shoes with a sturdy sole and good traction to avoid slipping during exercises.
- Light Cushioning: Look for shoes with light cushioning to absorb shock and reduce the impact on your joints.
Cross-training shoes or running shoes are great choices as they offer the necessary support and stability for the various movements in Orangetheory classes. Make sure your shoes fit well and prioritize these features for a comfortable and safe workout.
What Not to Wear to Orangetheory
Here are some things to avoid:
- Revealing Outfits: Avoid clothing that feels too revealing, as Orangetheory studios are public spaces. This can make you uncomfortable and potentially make others uncomfortable too.
- Inappropriate Footwear: Don’t wear flip-flops, sandals, heels, or formal leather shoes to the studio. These are not suitable for the gym and won’t provide comfort during exercises.
- Avoid Cotton: Stay away from denim or 100% cotton t-shirts because they can become soggy and uncomfortable when you sweat, affecting your performance.
- Long Pants: Especially those that could drag on the floor and cause tripping.
- Hanging Jewelry: Jewelry that dangles, like necklaces and long earrings, can get caught in exercise machines or even cause injury. It’s best not to wear them to Orangetheory for safety reasons.
What to Wear to Orangetheory: A Comprehensive Guide
Wearing the right gear for Orangetheory is key to having a successful workout. Here’s a detailed guide for both men and women on what to wear:
A) Sports Bra:
Start with a comfortable sports bra. It provides support and ensures you stay comfortable during your workout. A highly recommended option is the SHEFIT Ultimate Sports Bra for Women, known for its adjustability and support.
B) Tank Top/T-shirt:
Choose a sports tank top or t-shirt designed for breathability and moisture-wicking. This helps keep you dry and cool even during intense sessions. Check out options like ICTIVE Workout Tops for Women for comfort and performance.
When it comes to leggings, go for high-quality ones that are moisture-wicking, non-see-through, flexible, and comfortable. Consider options like the IUGA High Waist Yoga Pants with Pockets for a great fit and performance.
A) Shorts or Sweats:
Shorts provide flexibility, but in colder seasons or if you prefer more coverage, opt for sweatpants. Make sure they’re not too long to avoid getting caught in equipment. Look for moisture-wicking fabric like in Pudolla Men’s 2 in 1 Running Shorts or G Gradual Men’s Sweatpants with Zipper Pockets for sweat management.
B) Exercise Shirt/T-shirt/Tank Top:
Your top should be breathable, moisture-wicking, and flexible to allow for various movements. Consider options like Under Armour Men’s Tech 2.0 Short-sleeve T-shirt for optimal comfort.
For Both Men and Women:
Orangetheory combines running and weightlifting, so choose shoes that offer good traction for cross-training and excellent cushioning for running. Make sure they’re breathable and moisture-wicking. Enclosed shoes are a must for safety and performance.
Opt for lightweight, moisture-wicking, and breathable socks to prevent sweaty discomfort. Find a design you love for added motivation.
C) Heart Rate Monitor:
Orangetheory emphasizes heart rate zone improvement, so a heart rate monitor is a valuable tool. You can use the OTBeats provided by Orangetheory, or sync an Apple Watch with an OTbeat-link for studio compatibility.
Keep your hair out of your face with a headband or hairband. It helps you stay focused during high-intensity exercises. Consider options like QiShang Workout Sweatbands for Women Head.
Expect to sweat a lot in Orangetheory, so bring a sweat towel to keep your face, neck, and hands dry. Look for a quick-dry option like the Acteon Microfiber Quick Dry Gym Towel.
B) Water Bottle:
Stay hydrated by carrying a refillable water bottle. You’ll definitely need it to rehydrate and cool down during the cardio-intensive workout.
The Benefits of Wearing the Right Clothes to Orangetheory
Wearing the right workout gear at Orangetheory brings many advantages:
1. Minimize Injuries and Discomfort:
Proper attire can help prevent injuries, sores, and blisters. When you wear the right shoes and clothing, you reduce the risk of hurting yourself during exercises.
2. Stay Dry and Confident:
Light and moisture-wicking clothes keep you dry and comfortable, preventing embarrassing sweat stains and soggy clothes. This boosts your confidence and self-esteem, allowing you to focus on your workout without feeling self-conscious.
3. Optimal Performance:
The right clothes and shoes won’t limit your movements. When you’re not restricted by your attire, you can perform at your best and get the most out of your Orangetheory workout.
4. Avoid Embarrassment:
Wearing appropriate and non-offensive workout clothes ensures you won’t be asked to leave the class. It’s important to respect the rules of the studio and fellow members by choosing gym-appropriate attire.
Selecting the right attire for Orangetheory may seem challenging, especially for newcomers. However, with the right guidance, you can easily choose the best footwear, bottoms, and tops for your workout. Remember that your clothing selection can greatly impact your fitness journey at the studio, so make sure you choose wisely to have a successful and comfortable experience.