Hey there! Ever wanted to snag just the audio from a cool video on your iPhone? Maybe for a podcast or just to relisten to that awesome lecture? Well, you’re in luck because I’ve got the lowdown on the best ways to do it.
Let’s kick things off with the native methods. If you’re an iPhone user, you can use iMovie or Shortcuts to pull that audio out like a pro. iMovie is right there in your apps, and Shortcuts is, well, a shortcut to making your life easier.
First up, iMovie. This is like having your own little video editing studio in your pocket. Open the app, import your video, and with a few taps, you’ll be dancing to the beats of just the audio. Easy peasy!
Now, onto Shortcuts. It’s like magic for your iPhone. Create a shortcut that extracts audio, run it, and voila! You’ve got your audio file ready to roll. No complicated tricks, just a few taps.
Native Methods to Extract Audio from Video on Your iPhone
Alright, let’s dive into the first native method – iMovie. No need to clutter your iPhone with extra apps when you can work your audio magic with what’s already there.
- Launch iMovie: Open up the iMovie app on your trusty iPhone. It’s like having your own little movie studio right in your pocket.
- Start a New Project: Hit “Start New Project” and choose “Movie.” Pick the video you’re itching to extract audio from, and tap “Create Movie.”
- Detaching the Audio: Now, onto the magic. Tap the video clip you’ve chosen, look for the scissors icon (that’s your actions menu), and hit “Detach.” What happens next? Your audio appears below the video as a cool blue line.
- Background Vibes: Time to give your audio the spotlight. Tap “Background,” and watch that blue turn into a vibrant green. Your audio is ready to shine.
- Say Goodbye to Video: If you’re all about that audio life and want to ditch the video entirely, it’s a breeze. Select the video in the timeline, hit the actions menu again, and tap “Delete.” Poof! Video gone, and you’re left with just the audio goodness.
Now, keep in mind, this won’t give you an audio file per se, but it’s handy for certain situations. If you’re after the full audio file experience, let’s venture into the Shortcuts app.
Now, let’s unravel the wonders of using Shortcuts to work some audio alchemy on your videos. This app is like your creative genie, ready to grant your audio-extracting wishes.
- Setting the Stage: Open up the Shortcuts app, tap the ‘+’ to start a new shortcut. We’re about to make your iPhone even more versatile.
- Getting Personal: Tap the ‘i’ icon at the bottom, and flick on the magic switch that says ‘Show in Share Sheet.’ Give your shortcut a name if you’re feeling fancy – it’s your creation after all.
- Adding Some Action: Time for the fun part. Tap ‘Add Action,’ navigate to ‘Categories,’ and hit ‘Media.’ Scroll down, find ‘Encode Media,’ and tap that. Now, toggle on ‘Audio Only.’ Get specific with the format, speed, and metadata – it’s your audio, make it your way.
- Saving the Magic: Now, don’t forget the finishing touch. Add the ‘Save File’ action. Search for it or grab it from ‘Next Action Suggestions.’ Make sure ‘Ask Where to Save’ is turned on. Feel free to sprinkle in more actions or details if you’re feeling adventurous. Hit ‘Done’ to save your audio masterpiece in the making.
- Let the Magic Flow: Next time you’re craving just the audio from a video, tap the ‘Share’ icon and pick the shortcut you’ve crafted. Watch the magic happen as the Files app opens, ready for you to save your freshly extracted audio – whether it’s headed for iCloud or chilling on your iPhone.
Keep in mind, these steps are based on iOS 16. Apple loves to sprinkle updates, so if you’re rocking a different iOS version, the dance might be a tad different. Stay tuned for more audio adventures, and keep those creative vibes alive!
Best iOS Apps and Online Tools to Extract Audio on iPhone
Alright, audio enthusiasts, buckle up! We’re diving into the best iOS apps and online tools that turn audio extraction into a piece of cake.
1. MP3 Converter: Your Musical Wizard
Ever wished for a magical app that turns videos into jams? Look no further! MP3 Converter is your musical wizard. Feed it a video, and it hands you back the audio in a neat little MP3 package. Perfect for those impromptu dance parties or quiet moments.
2. Video to MP3: Transforming Videos, One MP3 at a Time
If you’re on a mission to transform your video collection into a pocket-sized MP3 library, Video to MP3 is your sidekick. It takes videos and gracefully turns them into audio tracks, ready to accompany you on your daily adventures.
3. Video to Audio: Your Audio Transformation Station
Looking for a one-stop-shop for turning videos into audio wonders? Video to Audio is your go-to transformation station. It knows how to delicately pluck the audio from your videos, leaving you with just the good stuff.
4. Export Audio: Your Audio Extraction Pro
For those who like their tools straightforward, Export Audio is your pro at extraction. It knows how to get the job done efficiently, leaving you with the audio file you desire. No fuss, just quality audio.
5. Documents: Managing Files, Extracting Audio
But hey, the audio journey doesn’t end there. File management apps like Documents aren’t just for organizing your digital life. They’re also your go-to if you want to sneakily extract audio from videos without breaking a sweat.
Online Tools: When Apps Aren’t Your Jam
Not into cluttering your iPhone with apps? No worries! There are nifty online tools that swoop in to save the day.
6. Online Audio Converter: Your Online Audio Wizard
Picture this: You want audio, but you don’t want an app. Online Audio Converter is your online wizard. Upload your video, and like magic, it hands you back the audio, no downloads required.
7. Audio Extractor: The Sound-Snatching Sidekick
Need a trusty sidekick for sound-snatching missions? Audio Extractor has your back. It does what it says – extracts audio with ease. Your videos will thank you for setting their audio free.
8. Movavi Audio Extractor: Elevate Your Extraction Game
Last but not least, we have Movavi Audio Extractor. It’s not just an online tool; it’s an audio extraction experience. Elevate your extraction game with this user-friendly gem.
Whether you’re team app or team online tool, these audio wizards and extraction pros have your back. So, go ahead, dive into the world of audio possibilities on your iPhone! 🎶
And there you have it – a treasure trove of ways to unleash the audio locked within your videos on your trusty iPhone. Whether you’re a native explorer or fancy third-party apps, the choice is yours.
For those who like to keep it in the family, iMovie and Shortcuts stand tall. iMovie dances through video editing with grace, while Shortcuts cuts through the hassle with, well, shortcuts. Your iPhone is a powerhouse, and these natives know how to unlock its audio potential.
But hey, if you’re feeling a bit adventurous and want to bring in the third-party heroes, MP3 Converter and Audio Extractor have got your back. They’re like the caped crusaders of audio extraction, making the process a breeze.
The next time you stumble upon a lecture or podcast goldmine, armed with the knowledge from this guide, you’re unstoppable. Use iMovie or Shortcuts for that native charm, or embrace the power of apps like MP3 Converter and Audio Extractor. Your audio arsenal is stacked – choose the potion that suits your mood.
And why go through all this audio-extracting magic? Well, it makes sharing those golden clips or listening on the go a breeze. Imagine having the perfect snippet ready to share with friends or enjoying your favorite talks during your daily commute. It’s audio liberation at its finest.
So, there you go, audio adventurer! The world of extracting audio from videos on your iPhone is at your fingertips. Dive in, explore, and let the audio adventures begin! 🎉
How do I extract audio from a video on my iPhone using native methods?
Native methods on your iPhone include using iMovie and Shortcuts. iMovie allows you to detach the audio from a video clip, while Shortcuts lets you create a customized shortcut to extract audio effortlessly.
Are there any recommended apps for extracting audio from videos on iOS?
Yes, there are excellent apps like MP3 Converter, Video to MP3, Video to Audio, and Export Audio that make the audio extraction process easy and efficient on your iPhone.
Can I use online tools to extract audio from a video on my iPhone without installing an app?
Absolutely! Online tools like Online Audio Converter, Audio Extractor, and Movavi Audio Extractor offer a convenient way to extract audio from videos without the need to install additional apps on your iPhone.
What are the steps to extract audio using iMovie on my iPhone?
In iMovie, select the video, tap ‘Detach’ to separate the audio, choose ‘Background’ to emphasize the audio, and then delete the video to keep only the audio. While this won’t result in a separate audio file, it’s handy in certain situations.
How can I create a shortcut in the Shortcuts app to extract audio from a video?
Open the Shortcuts app, tap the ‘+’ to create a new shortcut, enable ‘Show in Share Sheet,’ add the ‘Encode Media’ action with ‘Audio Only’ toggled on, and include the ‘Save File’ action. Save the shortcut and use it from the Share icon to extract audio from videos.
Is the audio extraction process free using the methods mentioned in the article?
Yes, many of the methods discussed, such as iMovie, Shortcuts, MP3 Converter, and Audio Extractor, offer free features for extracting audio from videos on your iPhone. Enjoy the benefits of audio extraction without any cost implications.