How Can You Connect Your Philips TV to Wi-Fi Without a Remote?
If your Philips Smart TV remote is not working due to physical damage or internal problems, you might wonder if it’s even possible to connect your Philips Smart TV to Wi-Fi without a working remote. Don’t worry; there are some alternative methods that can help you control your Philips TV and get it connected to Wi-Fi in less than a minute.
Method 1: Connect Philips TV to Wi-Fi Using TV Panel Keys
Even though most smart TVs nowadays don’t have physical buttons on the TV panel, Philips TVs are an exception. They come with physical buttons that allow you to turn the TV on/off, change channels, and adjust the volume. You can also use these buttons to connect your Philips TV to your Wi-Fi network. But before doing that, make sure to disable the child lock feature.
Step 1: Disable Child Lock on Philips TV
- Locate the Power button on your TV panel and press and hold it for 5 seconds to turn off the child lock.
- After that, unplug the TV cord from the power source and wait for 60 seconds.
- Plug the cord back in to restart your Philips TV.
Step 2: Connect Philips TV to Wi-Fi Using TV Panel Keys
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together, or press the Menu button on your TV panel.
- Use the P+ and P- keys to navigate through the on-screen options.
- Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to access the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down, find the “Settings” option, and select “Wireless and Networks.”
- Choose “Wired or Wireless,” then select “Connect to Network,” and finally, choose “Wireless.”
- Your TV will start searching for nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- When you see your Wi-Fi network, use the CH+ and CH- buttons to enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Once you’ve entered the password, click on “Finish” to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- To close the window, press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys simultaneously.
How Can You Connect Your Philips TV to Wi-Fi Using Different Methods?
If you’re wondering how to connect your Philips TV to Wi-Fi without a remote, you have several options. Let’s explore these methods step by step.
Method 1: Use a Keyboard or Mouse
Philips TVs come with dedicated USB ports that allow you to connect wired or wireless keyboards and mice. This makes it easy to control your TV and connect it to your Wi-Fi network. Here’s what you need to do:
- Plug a wireless USB adapter into one of your TV’s USB ports.
- Start using the keyboard or mouse to navigate your TV’s menus.
- It’s recommended to use a Logitech K400 Plus wireless keyboard, which has a built-in touchpad for easy navigation.
Method 2: Connect via Ethernet Cable
An alternative way to connect your Philips TV to the internet is by using an Ethernet cable. Here’s how you can do it:
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to your Philips TV.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your wireless router.
- For the best results, it’s recommended to use a high-speed Ethernet cable like the DbillionDa Cat 8 Ethernet cable, suitable for all Philips TV models.
- Once the cable is connected, go to your TV’s “Settings,” then navigate to “Wireless and Networks,” and choose “Wired or Wireless.”
- Finally, select “Connect to Network” and then “Wired Connection.”
Method 3: Use the Philips TV Remote App
You can also control your Philips Smart TV and connect it to Wi-Fi using the Philips TV Remote App, which works with iOS and Android devices. Here’s how to set it up:
- Install the Philips TV Remote app on your first smartphone from the Google Play Store (for Android) or the App Store (for iOS).
- On your second smartphone, go to “Settings” and enable the “WiFi Hotspot” feature.
- Be sure to rename the Mobile Hotspot and set its password to match your old Wi-Fi network’s name and password.
- Connect your first smartphone to this newly created WiFi Hotspot.
- Turn on your Philips TV and open the Philips TV Remote app on your first smartphone.
- Your Philips TV will automatically connect to the WiFi hotspot because it shares the same name and password.
- On your first smartphone, select your Philips TV when it’s detected.
- Finally, use the remote control features of the app to connect your Philips TV to Wi-Fi.
How to Connect Your Philips Roku TV to Wi-Fi Using Different Methods?
Connecting your Philips Roku TV to Wi-Fi can be done using various methods, even without a physical remote control. Let’s explore these options:
Method 1: Use an IR Remote App
If your smartphone has an infrared (IR) blaster, you can control your Philips Roku TV using an IR blaster remote app. One of the best apps for this purpose is “Remote for Philips Smart TV,” available on the Google Play Store. Here’s how to do it:
- Install the “Remote for Philips Smart TV” app on your smartphone.
- Use the app as a remote control for your TV.
- Navigate to your TV’s “Network Settings” within the app.
- Connect your Philips Roku TV to your Wi-Fi network through the app.
Method 2: Connect Using Google Assistant
If you’ve set up Google Assistant on your Philips Smart TV, you can easily connect it to Wi-Fi using voice commands. Regardless of your TV’s operating system, you can set up Google Assistant in just a few minutes. However, if your Philips Smart TV doesn’t support voice commands, consider alternative methods.
Method 3: Connect with a Universal Remote
If you find the Philips Smart TV remote expensive or you’re not tech-savvy, you can opt for a universal remote. You can purchase an affordable universal remote for Philips TV on Amazon. Some of these replacement remotes even work with an IR blaster. Here’s what you need to know:
- Universal remotes can control various Philips Smart TVs, including LCD, LED, and 4K UHD models.
- To use a universal remote, you’ll need to program it with the appropriate Philips TV remote codes.
By exploring these methods, you can connect your Philips Roku TV to Wi-Fi and enjoy all the benefits of a connected TV experience, even without a traditional remote control.