Hi there! Just like you, I love jamming out to tunes on Spotify, but sometimes it acts a bit wonky, especially when my iPhone screen decides to take a nap. If you’re nodding along because you’ve faced the same issue, don’t worry, I’ve got your back.
Let’s dive into some super simple tricks to make sure your Spotify doesn’t hit pause when your iPhone decides to catch some Zs.
First Steps to Fix Spotify From Stopping When iPhone Screen is Off
Hey folks, it’s Devansh again, and today we’re tackling a bit of a head-scratcher – Spotify hitting pause when your iPhone takes a nap. Annoying, right? But fear not, we’re about to unleash some quick and easy fixes to get your tunes playing seamlessly.
Step 1: Close and Reopen – Like a Virtual Door Slam
Sometimes, all it takes is a virtual door slam to get things back on track. Here’s what you can do:
- Close Spotify: Like closing a book and opening it again, shut down the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Reopen Spotify: Now, open it back up. It’s like giving your app a fresh start. See if that pause problem got the memo to take a hike.
Step 2: Restart Your iPhone – The Classic Reboot
Ah, the classic move. Rebooting your iPhone is like a magical reset button. Here’s the drill:
- Power Off: Turn off your iPhone. It’s like tucking it into bed for a quick nap.
- Power On: Wake it back up. This is your iPhone saying, “I’m ready for action!”
Step 3: Check for Updates – Keeping it Fresh
Just like your favorite snacks, apps need updates too. Here’s how to keep Spotify at its best:
- Visit the App Store: Go to the App Store on your iPhone.
- Check for Spotify Updates: Look for Spotify, and if there’s an update, hit that ‘Update’ button. It’s like giving your app a makeover.
Now, go ahead, play some tunes or podcasts on Spotify, and cross your fingers. Is the pause problem still crashing the party when you lock your iPhone? If yes, don’t sweat it; we’ve got more tricks up our sleeves.
So, the quick fixes didn’t quite do the trick? No worries, let’s explore some more solutions to banish that pause bug for good. Stick around, and we’ll make sure your Spotify stays in the groove, even when your iPhone takes a little nap. 🚀
Top 3 Solutions to Spotify Stopping with Off iPhone Screen
Alright, so the quick fixes didn’t quite cut it for you. No problemo! Let’s roll up our sleeves and dive into three solid solutions to make Spotify play nice even when your iPhone screen is taking a break.
Perform a Clean Reinstall
If Spotify is still being a bit of a rebel after the restarts and updates, it’s time for a clean reinstall. Think of it like giving your app a spa day – refreshing and rejuvenating. Here’s the scoop:
- Clear Cache in Spotify:
- Open Spotify and tap the gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to “Storage” and tap on “Clear cache.”
- iPhone Cleanup:
- Now, head to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to “General” and tap on “iPhone Storage.”
- Find Spotify on the list and tap on it.
- Offload the App:
- Hit “Offload App” – it’s like giving Spotify a temporary vacation.
- Say Goodbye (Temporarily):
- Tap “Delete App.” Don’t worry; we’re just saying a temporary farewell.
- Give Your iPhone a Rest:
- Shut down your iPhone. Let it take a breather for a few minutes.
- Wake It Up:
- Turn on your iPhone. It’s like saying, “Rise and shine!”
- Reinstall Spotify:
- Head to the App Store and redownload Spotify. It’s like welcoming back a friend with a fresh look.
- Test the Waters:
- Open Spotify and check if the issue is resolved. It’s like taking your newly rejuvenated app for a test run.
Enable Background App Refresh
iOS can be a bit of a sleep sheriff, putting apps to bed when you’re not using them. But fear not, we can fix that! Follow these steps to give Spotify the green light to groove in the background:
- Open Settings: It’s like entering the wizard’s den. Find the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General: Scroll down and tap on “General.” Think of it as finding the secret passage.
- Background App Refresh: Click on “Background App Refresh.” This is where the magic happens.
- Locate Spotify: Scroll down to find Spotify in the list of apps. It’s like picking out your dance partner.
- Toggle On: Make sure the switch next to Spotify is turned on. It’s like saying, “Hey, keep playing even when I’m not looking!”
Now, go ahead, play your favorite tunes on Spotify, lock your iPhone screen, and let the music continue its magic in the background. Just a heads up: this won’t work if you manually quit Spotify from the app switcher.
Disable Low Power Mode
If your iPhone is trying to save battery juice with Low Power Mode, it might be the culprit behind those Spotify pauses. Let’s check and fix that:
- Check Low Power Mode: Look at the battery icon in the top-right corner. If it’s yellow instead of green, Low Power Mode is on.
- Disable Low Power Mode: Open Settings, scroll down to Battery, and toggle off Low Power Mode. It’s like giving your iPhone a little power boost.
For more details on this power-saving feature, you can check out this article for the inside scoop.
Alright, we’ve explored some cool tricks to keep Spotify grooving on your iPhone, but if the pesky pauses persist, there might be something more serious at play. Let’s dive into the final frontier: Spotify support.
Account and Server Check
- Account Interference: If you’re sharing your Spotify account, it’s like having multiple DJs trying to control the music. This could be causing those random pauses.
- Log Out Temporarily: Hit pause on the account sharing for a moment. Log out of your Spotify account. It’s like asking everyone to take a break.
- Contact Spotify Support: If the issue persists, it’s time to call in the pros. Reach out to the superheroes at Spotify Support. They’re like the tech doctors for your music.
How to Log Out of Spotify: A Quick Detour
- Open Spotify and tap on the gear icon (settings) in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and find “Log Out.” It’s like closing the music library for a while.
- Now, log back in when you’re ready to hit play again.
Getting in Touch with Spotify Support: Your Lifeline
If the pauses are still crashing the party despite your efforts, don’t worry. Spotify Support is here to save the day. Here’s what you can do:
- Visit Spotify Support: Head over to Spotify Support.
- Log In (if needed): Log in to your Spotify account. It’s like checking in at the tech clinic.
- Contact Options: Explore the “Contact Us” or “Help” section. It’s like finding the hotline to the tech superheroes.
- Explain the Issue: Clearly describe what’s going on. They’re experts at decoding tech mysteries.
Alright, music lovers, we’ve covered some ground to make sure Spotify stays in the groove, even when your iPhone takes a little nap. Here’s a quick recap of our playlist of solutions:
- Quick Fixes First:
- If the music hits pause, reopen Spotify and give your iPhone a restart. Sometimes, a little reset is all it takes.
- Clean Reinstall for a Fresh Start:
- If the pauses persist, try a clean reinstall. It’s like giving Spotify a spa day. Don’t worry; your downloads might take a temporary break, but it’s worth it for glitch-free tunes.
- Background App Refresh – Let the Music Flow:
- Enable Background App Refresh for Spotify in your iPhone settings. It’s like telling your iPhone, “Keep the party going, even with the lights off!”
- Power Up by Turning Down – Low Power Mode:
- Check if Low Power Mode is trying to be a music critic. If it’s on, turn it off in your iPhone settings. Your tunes deserve full power!
- Troubleshoot with Spotify Support:
- If all else fails, don’t hesitate to reach out to the tech superheroes at Spotify Support. They’re here to ensure your music plays smoothly without any unwanted pauses.
Music is all about the seamless flow of melodies, and interruptions can be a real buzzkill. So, the next time Spotify decides to hit pause when you lock your iPhone, remember these tricks. Reopen, restart, reinstall, refresh, and power up – your music deserves it! Here’s to uninterrupted music bliss. 🎉🎵
Why does Spotify pause when I lock my iPhone, and how can I fix it?
Spotify might pause due to various reasons such as background restrictions. Try reopening the app, restarting your iPhone, enabling Background App Refresh, or considering a clean reinstall for a fresh start.
Will a clean reinstall of Spotify delete my downloaded content?
Yes, a clean reinstall will reset your in-app settings, and you might lose downloaded content temporarily. However, it’s a worthwhile step to troubleshoot persistent pause issues.
What does enabling Background App Refresh do, and how can I turn it on for Spotify?
Background App Refresh allows apps to run in the background, preventing pauses. To enable it for Spotify, go to iPhone settings, navigate to General, find Background App Refresh, and ensure Spotify is toggled on.
How can I check if Low Power Mode is causing Spotify pauses, and how do I disable it?
If the battery icon is yellow instead of green, Low Power Mode is on. To disable it, go to iPhone settings, scroll down to Battery, and toggle off Low Power Mode.
What should I do if the quick fixes don’t solve my Spotify pause issue?
If the issue persists, consider troubleshooting account-related or server-sided problems. Log out of your Spotify account temporarily and, if needed, reach out to Spotify Support for expert assistance.
Can I contact Spotify Support if I encounter issues even after trying the suggested solutions?
Absolutely! If you’ve tried the provided solutions and the problem persists, reach out to Spotify Support. Visit their support page, log in if required, and explore contact options to get assistance tailored to your specific issue.